Events that took place in 1998 concerning Oz.
- July 11: The episode "The Tip" premieres, beginning the series' second season.
- July 20: The episode "Ancient Tribes" premieres.
- July 27: The episode "Great Men" premieres.
- August 3: The episode "Losing Your Appeal" premieres.
- August 10: The episode "Family Bizness" premieres.
- August 17: The episode "Strange Bedfellows" premieres.
- August 24: The episode "Animal Farms" premieres.
- August 31: The episode "Escape from Oz" premieres, ending the series' second season.
Convictions and CausesEdit
- March 10: Agamemnon Busmalis is convicted of grand theft larceny, breaking and entering - robbed a bank with strategies of digging a tunnel.
- June 1: Alexander Vogel is convicted of two counts of murder in the second degree - savagely and repeatedly stabbing an elderly couple.
- June 3: Richie Hanlon is convicted of possession and distribution of a controlled substance - sold drugs to a customer, who accidentally overdosed.
- June 4: Antonio Nappa is convicted of murder in the first degree - shot a man in a strip club.
- June 16: Chris Keller is convicted of felony murder, two counts of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, driving under the influence, reckless driving - robbed a convenience store and shot a clerk and also drove under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- July 1: Cyril O'Reily is convicted of murder in the first degree - garroted Dr. Nathan's husband in his car under his older brother Ryan's orders.
- July 10: Raoul Hernandez is convicted of murder in the second degree - impaled a man through the heart with a pole.
- July 12: Jiggy Walker is convicted of murder in the second degree - shot a man who attempted to kill him.
- July 20: Arnold "Poet" Jackson is convicted of murder in the second degree - shot a man who attempted to kill him (2nd conviction).
- August 1: Kipekemie Jara is convicted of criminally negligent homicide - unintentionally made a child die during an attempted healing ritual.
- August 12: Jaz Hoyt is convicted of aggravated assault in the first degree - beating a store clerk.
- September 6: Jason Cramer is convicted of murder in the first degree, kidnapping, assault with a dangerous instrument - decapitated his male lover.
- October 6: Carlos Martinez is convicted of two counts of murder in the first degree - brutally beating an elderly couple with a golf club.
- July 26: Alexander Vogel is violently murdered by Vernon Schillinger.
- July 27: Freakie is accidentally pushed over a railing by Richie Hanlon and breaks his neck from the impact of the fatal fall.
- August 30: Mark Mack and an unnamed Aryan accomplice are buried alive while attempting to escape.
- August 31: Kipekemie Jara is stabbed several times in the back by Kenny Wangler.