Events that took place in 1999, concerning Oz.
- July 14: "The Truth and Nothing But..." airs, beginning the third season.
- July 21: "Napoleon's Boney Parts" airs.
- July 28: "Legs" airs.
- August 4: "Unnatural Disasters" airs.
- August 11: "U.S. Male" airs.
- August 18: "Cruel and Unusual Punishments" airs.
- August 25: "Secret Identities" airs.
- September 1: "Out o' Time" airs, ending the third season.
Convictions and CausesEdit
- January 17: Malcolm Coyle is convicted of grand larceny, armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, assault on a police officer - robbed a store with an accomplice and also had beaten a policemen (apparently off-screen).
- February 10: William Cudney is convicted of murder in the first degree - shot the young son of a doctor.
- February 14: Nikolai Stanislofsky is convicted of possession of stolen goods with intent to sell - stole diamonds and intended to sell them to undercover policemen.
- March 6: Hamid Khan is convicted of aggravated assualt - brutally beat a white man for raping a black woman.
- March 16: Martin Montgomery is convicted of two counts of assault in the first degree - attacked a baseball umpire and several baseball players with a baseball bat.
- March 23: Yuri Kosygin is convicted of eight counts of murder in the first degree, four counts of attempted murder and illegal possession of a firearm - performed a drive-by shooting on twelve people, which killed eight and injured four.
- April 2: Louis Bevilaqua is convicted of murder in the second degree and illegal possession of a firearm - caused a fatal car crash that killed one Latino criminal and the other one brutally shot dead by Bevilaqua.