Events that take place in the year 2000, concerning Oz.
- July 12: "A Cock and Balls Story" airs, premiering the first half of the fourth season.
- July 19: "Obituaries" airs.
- July 26: "The Bill of Wrongs" airs.
- August 2: "Works of Mercy" airs.
- August 9: "Gray Matter" airs.
- August 16: "A Word to the Wise" airs.
- August 23: "A Town Without Pity" airs.
- August 30: "You Bet Your Life" airs.
Conviction and CausesEdit
- January 2: Guillaume Tarrant is convicted of destruction of private property, concealment of a deadly weapon - destroyed a statue at a museum.
- February 3: Moses Deyell is convicted of two counts of murder in the first degree - shot the husband of his ex-girlfriend, then after kissing his ex-girlfriend, shot her in the head.
- March 15: Bruno Goergen is convicted of illegal possession and sales of firearms, murder in the first degree - killed a man he was attempted to sell a possessed weapon to.
- March 22: Supreme Allah is convicted of murder in the second degree - shot a man who laughed at him when he lost a dice game.
- April 6: Enrique Morales is convicted of murder in the second degree - murdered a man during a fight.
- April 10: Mondo Browne is convicted of murder in the first degree - murdered a man then skinned the man's torso.
- May 10: Leroy Tidd is convicted for armed robbery and reckless endangerment - assisted an accompliance as a getaway driver and recklessly tried to evade police when escaping.
- July 12: Hamid Khan is taken off of life support; Stuart McCallum commits suicide by eating his own flesh until he bleeds to death; Louis Bevilaqua is stabbed several times in the neck; Kenny Wangler is shot in the chest at point-blank range; Junior Pierce is shot through the back; Lou Rath is shot during the crossfire of Guillaume Tarrant's gun; correctional officer Joseph Howard is shot in the head; Guillaume Tarrant commits suicide by shooting himself in the mouth.
- July 19: Ralph Galino dies from a forced drug overdose.
- July 26: Raoul Hernandez is killed from a stab wound into the neck.
- August 2: Shirley Bellinger is executed by hanging.
- August 9: Bruno Goergen dies from being pushed from an elevator shaft; Gary Beecher is brutally murdered.
- August 16: Nat Ginzburg dies from AIDS; Patrick Keenan is killed from a dumb bell crushed on his head.
- August 23: Nikolai Stanislofsky is electrocuted in the bathtub; Eli Zabitz succumbs to a sudden heart attack; Hank Schillinger is executed off-screen by mobsters.
- August 30: Mark Miles is savagely strangled; Nate Shemin is diced apart; Mondo Browne is killed off-screen; Simon Adebisi is stabbed in the back several times.